Today let you know about the Best 5 Walton Mobile Phones in Bangladesh. The mobile phone industry in Bangladesh has seen rapid growth in recent years. Local brand Walton has become one of the most popular options for Bangladeshis looking for affordable yet quality smartphones. Here is an overview of the 5 best Walton mobile phones in Bangladesh as of 2023.
Overview of Walton Mobile
Founded in 1977, Walton is a Bangladeshi multinational electronics brand specialized in manufacturing and marketing various tech products including refrigerators, televisions, air conditioners, washing machines, laptops, and mobile phones.
While Walton started by importing and distributing products, it has now set up several manufacturing plants within Bangladesh. For mobile phones specifically, Walton set up a phone assembly plant in Chandra, Gazipur in 2016.
Some key reasons why Walton mobiles are popular in Bangladesh:
- Affordable Pricing: Walton offers feature-rich smartphones at relatively affordable rates suitable for the Bangladeshi consumer market. Models start from as low as 4,000 BDT.
- Local Manufacturing: Along with import, Walton also assembles and manufactures phones locally to meet market demand faster. This helps them keep prices low.
- Support and Service: Being a Bangladeshi brand, Walton has countrywide service support centers for quick after-sales support, maintenance, and repairs.
- Feature-Rich Phones: Despite budget pricing, Walton phones come equipped with features like large displays, modern OS, triple cameras, powerful battery and storage space.
- Frequent Upgrades: Walton frequently upgrades its mobile lineup with new and improved models boasting updated specs and features. This ensures options to suit various consumer segments.
Next, let’s look at the 5 best Walton smartphone models in Bangladesh right now:
1. Walton Primo R9 Max
- Launch: January 2023
- Rating: 4.5/5
- Price Range: 19,999 – 22,999 BDT
The Walton Primo R9 Max is currently the best Walton mobile you can buy thanks to its high-end features and reasonable price point.
Key Features and Specs:
- Large 6.8″ IPS LCD with FHD+ resolution
- Octa-core 2.2GHz Helio G99 gaming processor
- Up to 8GB RAM and 256GB storage
- Triple rear camera (64MP + 2MP macro + 2MP depth)
- 16MP selfie camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 6000mAh battery with 20W fast charging
- Android 12 OS
The Primo R9 Max stands out for its excellent display, capable gaming-centric processor, versatile camera setup and long-lasting battery. It also has a premium design and supports dual 5G SIM slots. For media consumption and gaming usage, the R9 Max offers excellent value in Bangladesh at its price tag.
2. Walton Primo R8 Pro
- Launch: October 2022
- Rating: 4/5
- Price Range: 16,999 – 19,999 BDT
An excellent upper mid-range smartphone option from Walton, the Primo R8 Pro features great looks as well as dependable performance.
- Slim design with glass back
- 6.5″ Super AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G96 chipset
- 8GB RAM, 256GB onboard storage
- Triple camera: 64MP + 2MP depth + 5MP macro
- 32MP selfie camera
- 5000mAh battery, 33W fast charging
- Side fingerprint reader, Face Unlock
The Primo R8 Pro brings several ‘premium’ features like an AMOLED screen, 90Hz refresh rate, glass build, and support for faster charging to a price point that makes it an attractive choice over Chinese brands in a similar segment. Overall performance, camera quality, and software experience are also polished on this Walton model.
READ MORE – What to do if Someone Leaked Your Photos Online?
3. Walton Primo EF2
- Launch: March 2022
- Rating: 3.5/5
- Price Range: 10,990 – 14,990 BDT
The Primo EF2 is among Walton’s best budget smartphones thanks to a nice display, stylish design, decent cameras and good battery life.
- 6.5-inch mini-drop display with HD+ resolution
- Octa-core 1.6 GHz UNISOC processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage
- 13MP + 2MP dual rear cameras
- 8MP selfie camera
- Fingerprint sensor and Face Unlock
- 5000mAh battery
While it lacks a bit in raw power, for essential usage the Primo EF2 offers solid performance given its low price tag. The display and rear dual cameras are also quite good for this segment. Available in unique gradient finish options, its an attractive budget smartphone pick from Walton.
4. Walton Primo EF4
- Launch: April 2021
- Rating: 3/5
- Price Range: 6,999 – 9,999 BDT
The Walton Primo EF4 delivers basic smartphone functionality and experience at an entry budget price point for first-time buyers.
- 6.088-inches IPS LCD
- Octa-core 1.6GHz UNISOC processor
- 2GB RAM, 32GB storage
- 8MP single rear camera
- 5MP selfie camera
- 4000mAh battery
While the EF4 only has basic specs, it handles core usage like calls, media playback and light gaming acceptably well. The display is also large enough for comfortable content viewing. Its budget pricing makes the Primo EF4 accessible even for rural audiences looking to switch from feature phones to smartphones.
5. Walton Primo G7 Mini
- Launch: December 2020
- Rating: 3/5
- Price Range: 7,690 – 9,990 BDT
A compact and portable Walton 4G phone, the Primo G7 Mini is designed for consumers preferring small-screen devices.
- 5-inch FWVGA display
- Quad-core 1.3GHz Spreadtrum SC9832E chipset
- 2GB RAM and 16GB storage
- 8MP main + 2MP depth camera
- 5MP selfie camera
- 3000mAh battery
The mini 5-inch form factor along with the grippy design makes the Primo G7 easy for single-handed use. It can handle basic apps, web browsing, video calls as well as click decent pictures. Those wanting an affordable secondary device for travel or kids can consider the pocketable Primo G7 Mini.
What to Look for When Buying a Walton Phone
Here are some key factors to evaluate when purchasing a Walton smartphone in Bangladesh:
Budget – Walton phones span a wide range from entry-level 4G devices under BDT 5,000 to mid-range models priced around BDT 25,000. Decide how much you want to spend first.
Screen Size – Walton offers display sizes ranging from 5 inches for compact models to as large as 6.8-inch screens seen in bigger models like the Primo R9 Max. Choose based on your comfort and portability needs.
Performance – Look at details like processor model, RAM capacity, storage space to determine performance potential. For basic use an entry-level chip is sufficient, while gaming usage requires upper mid-range and flagship level SoCs.
Software – Most Walton phones currently run older Android 11 version, with some models just launching with Android 12 OS. Check what software version it runs and whether future OTA updates are expected.
Cameras – Megapixels and camera count (single, dual or triple setup) impact photo and video quality. Check camera specifications before prioritizing mobile photography.
Battery & Charging – Battery capacity directly affects usage times. Fast charging support also varies across models so check charging speed and sockets supported while buying.
|Price Range (BDT)
|Walton Primo R9 Max
|19,999 – 22,999
|Large 6.8″ FHD+ display, Helio G99 chipset, 64MP triple camera, 6000mAh battery
|Walton Primo R8 Pro
|16,999 – 19,999
|6.5″ AMOLED display with 90Hz, Helio G96 processor, 33W fast charging
|Walton Primo EF2
|10,990 – 14,990
|6.5″ HD+ display, 13MP dual cameras, 5000mAh battery
|Walton Primo EF4
|6,999 – 9,999
|6.088″ display, Octa-core processor, 4000mAh battery
|Walton Primo G7 Mini
|7,690 – 9,990
|5″ compact display, SC9832E chipset, 3000mAh battery
FAQs About Walton Mobile Phones in Bangladesh
Who is Walton Mobile owned by?
Walton Mobile is a brand owned by Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited, a Bangladeshi multinational electronics company founded by S.M Nurul Alam Rezvi and other co-founders in 1977. Headquartered in Dhaka, Walton Hi-Tech Industries is a sister concern of the larger Walton Group.
Where are Walton phones made?
While historically Walton imported phones, the brand has set up its own mobile phone plants in Bangladesh over the last few years under the ‘Made in Bangladesh’ initiative. Walton phones sold in Bangladesh are assembled and manufactured locally at the factory facilities in Chandra (Gazipur) and at other Walton Hi-Tech parks.
Are Walton mobile phones reliable?
Yes, Walton phones are dependable options especially considering their reasonable pricing. As a Bangladeshi brand, they offer countrywide support, repair centers and services ensuring good after-sales reliability. Their phones also come with standard 12-month warranty. Build quality and lifespan match other entry-level Chinese options.
What is the market share of Walton mobile in Bangladesh?
As per market reports, Walton captured around 20% share of the total mobile phone market in Bangladesh in 2022. It has consistently been among the top smartphone vendors thanks to its affordability and retail penetration. In the feature phone segment, Walton commands an even higher 40% market share nationally.
Do Walton phones support 5G?
As of early 2023, Walton has not released 5G smartphones yet in the Bangladeshi market. However, its newer models like the Primo R9 Max and R8 Pro do support dual 5G SIM slots indicating their readiness for 5G connectivity support when networks are commercially launched in Bangladesh. We can expect future upper mid-range and flagship grade Walton phones to be 5G-enabled.
How is the service network of Walton Mobile?
Walton has extensive countrywide service support across all 64 districts through over 220+ authorized service centers where users can avail facilities like repairs, maintenance, spare parts and other after-sales services. They also offer on-site home service on select models. Plus there are thousands of retail outlets selling and assisting with Walton devices.
What are some top alternatives to Walton phones in Bangladesh?
Some top phone brands that compete with Walton in Bangladesh market are:
- Symphony: Leading local brand popular for budget phones
- Xiaomi: Top selling Chinese brand offering value-for-money mid-range and flagship phones
- Realme: Younger Chinese brand with focus on affordable phones with premium features
- Samsung: Multinational brand with premium line-up as well as mass-market models
- Infinix, Tecno: Other Chinese names focused on entry-level segments